Error messages in Studio 2011 - Exception has been thrown + value was either too large...
Thread poster: Emilie Pestiaux

Emilie Pestiaux  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 03:14
English to French
+ ...
Aug 8, 2014

Good morning,

I'm working on a project prepared by the client on Studio 2011.

I'm able to open the package without any error message, but when I open the files, which are in the xliff format, I get two error messages what keep popping up (I can't really close them).

The error message are « Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation” and “Value was either too large or too small for an Int32 ».

I searched for both error messages but could not find a way to fix the issue.

I'm still able to open the files and translate, but I worry that it will cause problems to save properly, and the fact that the error messages keep popping up is annoying to say the least.

I've tried contacting the client but I'm not sure he'll be able to help (besides, he's in Holidays and has said that he will might no respond fast to queries).

Has anyone found a fix to those messages? I've worked on this version of Studio before and never had any similar issue.

Thanks!

Yael Ramon  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 04:14
German to Hebrew
+ ...
happened to me many times Aug 8, 2014

sometimes restarting the computer solved the problem, in others i had to re-install the software (something with the memory of the PC!)

Emilie Pestiaux  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 03:14
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks yael Aug 8, 2014

Thanks Yael. I tried restarting, didn't work. I even tried on a second PC on which SDL Studio wasn't installed yet.... And the same issue happened so I'm afraid uninstalling/reinstalling won't work here as it's basically what I've done...

I guess this has to do with the way the project was prepared as it never happened to me before...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error messages in Studio 2011 - Exception has been thrown + value was either too large...

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search