Why isn't my TM file in Workbench Concordance located today?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson

Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Aug 9, 2014

Today, when I try to open Concordance in Workbench, I receive the error message "The system cannot find the file specified".

But the file is located on D drive on my internal HDD, and it was possible to use Concordance searches from there yesterday. So why can't the TM be located now, even though it is there (I double-checked: it is on exactly the same location as yesterday)?

Sometimes it works, sometimes not. There is no pattern: sometimes I can search Concordance and I get results, sometimes I get this error message that the TM can not be located.

[Edited at 2014-08-10 05:10 GMT]

For example, now I searched a term and received the error messate that the TM can not be found. Immediately afterwards, I entered the letter "d" and received several results from the TM without any error message. Then I searched again, and results from the TM were displayed whereas in the Workbench interface furthest down I receive this error message on a dark red background. In Concordance interface, it says Ready. furthest down, also on a dark red background.

[Edited at 2014-08-10 05:30 GMT]

Mustn't there be something wrong with the translation memory?

[Edited at 2014-08-10 07:12 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Why isn't my TM file in Workbench Concordance located today?

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search