Why isn't my TM file in Workbench Concordance located today?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson

Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Aug 9, 2014

Today, when I try to open Concordance in Workbench, I receive the error message "The system cannot find the file specified".

But the file is located on D drive on my internal HDD, and it was possible to use Concordance searches from there yesterday. So why can't the TM be located now, even though it is there (I double-checked: it is on exactly the same location as yesterday)?

Sometimes it works, sometimes not. There is no pattern: sometimes I can search Concordance and I get results, sometimes I get this error message that the TM can not be located.

[Edited at 2014-08-10 05:10 GMT]

For example, now I searched a term and received the error messate that the TM can not be found. Immediately afterwards, I entered the letter "d" and received several results from the TM without any error message. Then I searched again, and results from the TM were displayed whereas in the Workbench interface furthest down I receive this error message on a dark red background. In Concordance interface, it says Ready. furthest down, also on a dark red background.

[Edited at 2014-08-10 05:30 GMT]

Mustn't there be something wrong with the translation memory?

[Edited at 2014-08-10 07:12 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Why isn't my TM file in Workbench Concordance located today?

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search