Ittai Hen
Ittai Hen  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 13:18
Member (2011)
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Aug 11, 2014

While uploading doc file to Trados 2011, it failed to open the file and displayed the following error message:
"The file you are opening does not contain any bilingual segments".
Please advise?

George Cook
George Cook
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:18
French to English
+ ...
Remove tw4win styles Aug 11, 2014

This is normally caused by the source Word document containing some old Trados Workbench styles.

Open the document in Word, and go to the styles manager, then delete any styles named with "tw4win" (examples include "mark", "external", "internal"). Once they are deleted, save the file and try opening in Trados again.

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:18
English
tw4winMark style Aug 11, 2014

Hi Ittai,

I guess the DOC file you are opening in Studio contains the tw4winMark style, and this causes Studio to think it should be a BilingualDOC which contains bilingual segments.

So all you have to do is go to Tools -> Options -> Filetypes -> MSWord 2000-2003 -> Common and then check the box that says Process f... See more
Hi Ittai,

I guess the DOC file you are opening in Studio contains the tw4winMark style, and this causes Studio to think it should be a BilingualDOC which contains bilingual segments.

So all you have to do is go to Tools -> Options -> Filetypes -> MSWord 2000-2003 -> Common and then check the box that says Process files with tw4winMark style

Then open the DOC file again and it should be fine.

Regards

Paul
Collapse

Ittai Hen
Ittai Hen  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 13:18
Member (2011)
English to Hebrew
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It works. Thank you very much! Aug 11, 2014

Thank you Paul and George for your kind help.
The doc file is uploaded successfully

Daniel Donges
Daniel Donges  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 12:18
Member (2014)
English to Spanish
+ ...
tw4win checked but still not loading doc files Sep 29, 2014

Hi,

I am experiencing exactly the same problem, but it isn't solved by the procedure explained before.

I have also tried to save thte document in another format (p.e. odt), but then I get a message that the original file contains a VBA Project which isn't compatible with the new chosen format. I can save that file in the new format, but it is still not loaded/converted by Trados.

Any idea?

Thank you very much in advance for your help.
... See more
Hi,

I am experiencing exactly the same problem, but it isn't solved by the procedure explained before.

I have also tried to save thte document in another format (p.e. odt), but then I get a message that the original file contains a VBA Project which isn't compatible with the new chosen format. I can save that file in the new format, but it is still not loaded/converted by Trados.

Any idea?

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Daniel
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2011 error message "no bilingual segments"

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »