"Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JObject does not contain a definition for 'subscription'" error at start-up
Thread poster: Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:09
Member (2004)
English to Italian
Aug 12, 2014

After activating SDL Language Cloud, I get the above error at start-up (Studio 2014 - latest version)... SDL Cloud doesn't work either... is there anyway that this plug-in can be uninstalled so I can get rid of the error? I have deselected it from the list of active plug-ins but the error remains... it's really annoying!

Cheers,

Giovanni

Lorenzo Bermejo
Local time: 08:09
English to Spanish
+ ...
Any solution? Jul 6, 2015

Hi Giovanni, did you find a solution for this error message?
I wanted to start to use LanguageCloud without having a suscription, in the first place.
Although I finally suscribed and deactivated/activated Studio 2014, I still get the message at startup.

Lorenzo Bermejo
English to Spanish
+ ...
My solution Jul 6, 2015

Actually, there is a SDL KB article on this error message. It mentions one should uninstall the latest CU's and reinstall them for the error message to disappear, although it refers to Studio 2014 SP1.
I tried to no avail the KB solution with Studio 2014 SP2.
Finally, I uninstalled Studio and reinstalled, and the error message no longer appears.
I wouldn't dare to try to use LanguageCloud again.

United Kingdom
Member (2004)
English to Italian
TOPIC STARTER
yes... Jul 7, 2015

Lorenzo Bermejo wrote:

Actually, there is a SDL KB article on this error message. It mentions one should uninstall the latest CU's and reinstall them for the error message to disappear, although it refers to Studio 2014 SP1.
I tried to no avail the KB solution with Studio 2014 SP2.
Finally, I uninstalled Studio and reinstalled, and the error message no longer appears.
I wouldn't dare to try to use LanguageCloud again.

This is what I did and it worked too... icon_smile.gif

Lorenzo Bermejo
English to Spanish
+ ...
SDL LanguageCloud Jul 7, 2015

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL wrote:

Thanks Giovanni for your reply.
I was wondering. Did you manage to use LanguageCloud after solving the issue with the error message? I haven't tried to use it (free suscription) just in case I get the error message again.

United Kingdom
Member (2004)
English to Italian
TOPIC STARTER
yes... Jul 7, 2015

Lorenzo Bermejo wrote:

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL wrote:

Thanks Giovanni for your reply.
I was wondering. Did you manage to use LanguageCloud after solving the issue with the error message? I haven't tried to use it (free suscription) just in case I get the error message again.

I did try it and it worked... but IMO, the free version is not any better than GT...icon_smile.gif

Lorenzo Bermejo
English to Spanish
+ ...
Hehehe, yes Jul 7, 2015

I did try it and it worked... but IMO, the free version is not any better than GT...icon_smile.gif

You have to rephrase everything, although you can use words on their own.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JObject does not contain a definition for 'subscription'" error at start-up

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search