Thread poster: Heloisa Ferreira

Heloisa Ferreira  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 23:29
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Aug 12, 2014

Hello all,

I've searched through this forum and couldn't find a solution to my problem. I have a client who constantly sends me Tag Editor (.ttx) files. I have Trados 2007 in one computer and Studio 2014 in the other. After I do the translation, this client almost NEVER opens my sent files, due to incompatibility problems. Then I need to extract the TM and send it to him together with the files.

This happens both with Trados 2007 and Studio 2014.

My question is: why does this happen? Is it a compatibility problem? Is there anything I should check in order to avoid this?

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:29
English
Ill prepared TTX Aug 12, 2014

Hi Heloisa,

The most likely explanation for this is that the TTX files were not fully segmented before you handled them. This means that when you open them in Studio, or sometimes even in a different version of TagEditor, you will complete the segmentation. Depending on the tagging in the source file it is possible that different tools will complete the segmentation in different ways and then when you try and open them with the version of TagEditor used in the first place you can find there is a problem.

The way to properly prepare the TTX is in Workbench using the "Segment unknown sentences" option, or SDL Legit!, and then the tool you use won't create something different because it's already done.

You can read more on this in this article : Life without Trados! Also note the links to the Legacy Bilingual Compatibility Guide for SDL Trados Studio 2014 Users as this is also useful.

Regards

Paul

Heloisa Ferreira  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 23:29
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved! Aug 13, 2014

Thank you so much for your help, Paul. It worked!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Client can't open my translated .ttx files

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search