Java 8u11 + IE strikes again
Thread poster: Bernard Lieber

Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:17
English to French
+ ...
Aug 13, 2014

Hi,

I unfortunately upgraded to Java 8u11 under both Vista 32-bit & Win7 64-bit. Multiterm sort of works under Win7 when lowering security to Medium and confirming the various prompts but still a nuisance.

Under Vista 32-bit, stops working altogether - I even uninstalled 8u11 and reinstalled 8_5 but now I'm prompted to install 7_67 and can't get seem to get out of it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Bernard

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Maybe... Aug 13, 2014

... it's worth running the tool here Bernard : http://kb.sdl.com/#tab:homeTab:crumb:7:artId:4956

This will put things back to the last supported version of Java 8. If this doesn't help then you should have course raise a support ticket so the support team can help you out.

Regards

Paul

English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Case Logged Aug 13, 2014

Hi Paul,

I logged my case.

Thanks,

Bernard

English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Partially Solved Aug 16, 2014

Hi,

After spending hours with a tech support rep with no conclusive result, as MultiTerm was working fine when opening it on its own but not with Studio, I assumed that something had gone wrong with Studio and uninstalled CU SP1 (wasn't easy to uninstall though) and reinstalled SP1 3931 and refused to install the next update - everything is running fine again but as soon as the new SP is installed everything is mucked up again. This happened under Vista 32-bit French

Cheers,

Bernard

[Edited at 2014-08-16 12:09 GMT]

[Edited at 2014-08-16 12:17 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Java 8u11 + IE strikes again

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search