Thread poster: Dusan Rabrenovic

Dusan Rabrenovic  Identity Verified
Slovenia
Local time: 07:10
Member (2008)
German to Slovenian
+ ...
Aug 14, 2014

I am trying to browse through the hundreds and thousands of segments in several large TMs, but the TM viewer will only ever display the first 50 segments in any given TM. When no search term is entered, these will be the first 50 segments that were entered into that TM chronologically. Otherwise, up to 50 segments matching the searched term will be displayed, once again in chronological order (at least judging by the Translation Unit IDs in the left-most column).

http://i.imgur.com/cMOu9DX.png

I know that at some point, the left and right arrows used to work (see the red box in the attached image). Now I'm forever stuck with the first 50 search hits. Is it something I did or is this a common problem?

Direct link Reply with quote

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Different arrows Aug 14, 2014

Dusan Rabrenovic wrote:

I know that at some point, the left and right arrows used to work (see the red box in the attached image). Now I'm forever stuck with the first 50 search hits. Is it something I did or is this a common problem?

No, those little arrows are to switch between different open TMs (you've only got one open, so of course these arrows don't do anything).

Use the big blue arrows up in the toolbar to jump to the next 50 hits.
See screenshot in this blog post:
http://signsandsymptomsoftranslation.com/2012/09/13/zoom-font-display/

And if you want more hits per page, then change the setting to 200 hits (see same blog post for instructions).

HTH,
Emma

Dusan Rabrenovic  Identity Verified
Slovenia
Member (2008)
German to Slovenian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Too obvious, of course Aug 14, 2014

Thanks Emma. I knew I've dealt with this successfully before, but I thought those tiny arrows were the solution and not the red herring that they once again turned out to be.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Left and right arrow in the Trados 2011 Translation Memories viewer greyed-out

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search