Studio 2014 SP1: Open added file problem
Thread poster: Ben Senior

Ben Senior  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 23:44
German to English
Aug 14, 2014

Hi,

I'm having a problem when I add new files to an existing project. I can't open the files for translation in the editor window. Here's the methodology that I'm using, perhaps some one can see where I'm going wrong:

Using SDL Trados Studio 2014 SP1 Freelance, build 11.1.4085.0.
All updates and the latest KBs have been installed, the last one yesterday.
I opened the existing project and went to the Files window.
At the top of the Files pane I selected the source language.
From the Home tab on the ribbon I clicked on the button Add Files in File Actions.
In the window that then displayed I navigated to the source language file to be added, a Word docx file and opened it.
I highlighted the new file in the Files window and from the Batch Tasks I selected the Prepare option.
It then ran through the normal procedure of making a sdlxliff file, etc and every thing looked fine.
I then selected the new sdlxliff file and wanted to click on Open For Translation, but it was greyed out.
I can't even now open for translation any of the existing files in the project.

I repeated the exercise using PowerPoint pptx files with exactly the same result.

I'm obviously doing something very basically wrong, but I don't now what.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ben

Ben Senior  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 23:44
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved Aug 14, 2014

OK I have it sorted out.

After preparing the file in Batch Tasks you need to switch from the source language to the target language and then it works fine.

Ben

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2014 SP1: Open added file problem

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search