Thread poster: Ninon Dion

Ninon Dion  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 04:42
Member (2013)
English to French
+ ...
Aug 15, 2014

I've been having issues with my Trados 2014 lately, so I thought I'd regroup them all in one post.

1) I keep getting only one TM result in the window, no matter what segment or file I'm trying to translate. I have several TM chosen, the mymemory and Google plugins, but I still only get one search result showing. Is there something I need to fine tune in order for more results to show?

2) I received an error message while trying to update my largest TM, saying that the TM is corrupt. I have tried using the OpenExchange app, but even this app gives me an error message, so I wasn't able to attempt the repair.
How can I fix this?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Amnon Shapira  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 11:42
Member (2011)
English to Hebrew
Issue 2 Aug 16, 2014

Hi Ninun,
The only way I know to solve the problem of a corrupt TM is to recreate it. You need to export the TM to a TMX format and than create a new TM and import to it the TMX file.
Good Luckicon_smile.gif

Canada
Member (2013)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Will try that Aug 17, 2014

Thank you for your helpicon_smile.gif

Canada
Member (2013)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Can't export to .tmx Sep 4, 2014

I tried to export my corrupted TM to TMX format, but I get the same message..... corrupt!

I really need to find a way to repair this TM...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Only one TM result at a time + other issues 2014

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search