Trados Studio 2014 Can't convert ttx file to Excel
Thread poster: sosu

sosu
Local time: 03:29
Swedish to English
+ ...
Aug 20, 2014

Hello,

I am giving Trados Studio 2014 a try and have a translation completed. I tried to save it to the original file format with: Save target as F12, but I keep getting an error message:

Failed to save target content. Problem when converting to original file type.

I read online to do an error check by pressing F8, so did that and fixed those issues, but I keep getting the same error message when I try to save in the original format.

Any suggestions? I was supposed to hand the file over this morning so have been trying to use my 2007 Trados and get that to revert to the original file type, but that gave me an error message too.

Thanks.

Andrzej Lejman  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:29
Member (2004)
German to Polish
+ ...
Not this way Aug 20, 2014

1) In Studio: File > Advanced save > Save Source As >TRADOStag Document >OK

2) In Trados 2007: open the .ttx file, File > Save target as...

Done.

A.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2014 Can't convert ttx file to Excel

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search