Thread poster: Extra Consult

Extra Consult
Belgium
Local time: 09:18
Member (2008)
English
Aug 20, 2014

Hi,

we've received some Powerpoint presentations (*.pptx) with some smartart in them.
They are Venn diagrams with text panes. The text itself is editable in Powerpoint, but Studio 2014 does not extract it with the current filter. (and thus the text remains untranslated in the target powerpoint)

Is there any setting that we may have missed for this? Or is there an updated filter for this?

We are using SDL Studio 2014 Professional SP1 - 11.1.4085.0.

Kind regards,
Geert

Magnus Eriksson  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:18
Portuguese to Swedish
+ ...
Similar problem Aug 26, 2015

This is an old post, but I encountered a similar problem in a recent project. Seemingly randomly Trados 2014 SP2 failed to extract the text from certain slides - at least I couldn't see any pattern as to which slides were skipped.

As a workaround I converted the .pptx to .ppt, which Trados handled correctly (all text extracted), and then converted the translated .ppt back to .pptx before delivery.

Would be good to know if this is a known problem with Trados and if there is a way to solve it without having to resort to the outdated .ppt format. Maybe this is resolved in Studio 2015?

I am using SDL Trados Studio 2014 SP2 - 11.2.4409.10 and Windows 7.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Powerpoint SmartArt text

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search