Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 11:23
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Aug 20, 2014

Hello

I have several SDLXLIFF files whose translations I want to add to a single, new TM. However, the SDLXLIFF files have a variety of language codes, and Trados 2011 refuses to import files that don't have the exact same language codes as the TM. For example, some of my files are en-GB and some of en-US, and that really does not matter to me. How can I make Trados happy?

Samuel

Orrin Cummins
Orrin Cummins  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 18:23
Japanese to English
+ ...
Edit the .sdlxliff Aug 20, 2014

Samuel Murray wrote:

Hello

I have several SDLXLIFF files whose translations I want to add to a single, new TM. However, the SDLXLIFF files have a variety of language codes, and Trados 2011 refuses to import files that don't have the exact same language codes as the TM. For example, some of my files are en-GB and some of en-US, and that really does not matter to me. How can I make Trados happy?

Samuel

You can open the .sdlxliff in Notepad and manually change the language code, then save it and Studio should recognize it how you want it to. For instance, if it says source-language="ja-JP" just change the part in quotes to whatever you want the source language to be.

As with most things like this you should probably save a backup copy beforehand just in case.

Gordana Sujdovic
Gordana Sujdovic  Identity Verified
Serbia
English to Serbian
+ ...
Or... Aug 20, 2014

Make Export of each TM, it is saved as Notepad. By Ctrl+H, find and replace all you wish. "en-US" into "en-GB", or vice versa; applicable to both source and target codes. Import .tmx notepads in one new TM.

In case you have a project into 2 similar languages, when you change target code in Export of TM of the first one, and import it in TM for the second, in this way, the second translation turns out to be proofreading.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2011: Importing multiple languages' SDLXLIFF files into a single TM

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »