How do I make the tags visible in SDL Trados Studio 2014 for TTX-files?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson

Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Aug 25, 2014

I received 144 TTX-files that were for Tageditor, but the customer agreed that I used SDL Trados Studio 2014 instead. However, in the tags there were instructions about context for a word ("title"), and in Studio my settings are set to not display the tags. So I wonder how I can change this, so the tags are always displayed as they are in Tageditor?

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 03:54
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Tag display Aug 25, 2014

I think you'll find the answers here:
http://signsandsymptomsoftranslation.com/2012/12/06/more-display/

Specifically for ttx files, you may want to enable tags as placeholders (rather than start and end smart tag pairs) before you process your file:
File>options>File types>TradosTag and then enable "Treat all inline tags as placeholders"
This improves matches from legacy TMs.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search