How do I make the tags visible in SDL Trados Studio 2014 for TTX-files?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson

Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Aug 25, 2014

I received 144 TTX-files that were for Tageditor, but the customer agreed that I used SDL Trados Studio 2014 instead. However, in the tags there were instructions about context for a word ("title"), and in Studio my settings are set to not display the tags. So I wonder how I can change this, so the tags are always displayed as they are in Tageditor?

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 03:30
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Tag display Aug 25, 2014

I think you'll find the answers here:
http://signsandsymptomsoftranslation.com/2012/12/06/more-display/

Specifically for ttx files, you may want to enable tags as placeholders (rather than start and end smart tag pairs) before you process your file:
File>options>File types>TradosTag and then enable "Treat all inline tags as placeholders"
This improves matches from legacy TMs.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search