L.Lepetit  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 05:28
Member (2013)
English to French
+ ...
Aug 25, 2014

Hi everyone,
I have 2 .doc documents, one in English and its translation.
I'd like to import thme in tradso, I mean I'd like to align them. But when I choose "align a pair of files" in Trados and when I chooose my two documents, 2 errors appear. Is there another way to have the 2 documents aligned?
In fact, my client sent me a third document and there are many repetitions from the first one, thus I'd like to create a TM based on the translation of the first one. How can I do it?
I hope I'm clear... .
Thanks to all of you.
Laetitia

Jean-Pierre Artigau
Canada
Local time: 23:28
English to French
+ ...
Suggestion Aug 25, 2014

Hello

There may be a glitch in your documents. I suggest you first save your document as raw text (texte brut) and try to align them as such.

Good luck.

Jean-Pierre

L.Lepetit  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 05:28
Member (2013)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
settled Aug 25, 2014

thanks a lot.
everything is fine now.
Laetitia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

alignment of two .doc documents in trados

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search