Headings and Table content of an AuthorIt xml appear as locked content in Trados Studio 2011
Thread poster: Anna Martin
Anna Martin
Anna Martin  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 00:56
Hungarian to Spanish
+ ...
Aug 26, 2014

Dear All,

I am translating an AuthorIt xml file in Trados Studio 2011. The client sent me the XML itself together with a SDLFILETYPE file including the settings. I have used this to add the AuthorIt file type in Project Settings/File types.

The problem is, that the Heading and Table texts do not appear as a normal translatable segment in my Trados Studio. When I choose the "All content" filter, they are there, but locked (greyed out) in the target column, so I cannot e
... See more
Dear All,

I am translating an AuthorIt xml file in Trados Studio 2011. The client sent me the XML itself together with a SDLFILETYPE file including the settings. I have used this to add the AuthorIt file type in Project Settings/File types.

The problem is, that the Heading and Table texts do not appear as a normal translatable segment in my Trados Studio. When I choose the "All content" filter, they are there, but locked (greyed out) in the target column, so I cannot edit them.

I have translated xml files before, but I am quite new to AuthorIT xml format and I have never had a similar problem before.

Is it possible to translate these segments directly in Trados Studio 2011?

Shall I use TagEditor (it was not included in my freelance package, but this is a big project so I would purchase it)?

Is it something to see with setting up the project (I allowed source editing)?

Any kind of advice would be more than welcome.

Thank you, and have a nice day!

Anna
Collapse

Anna Martin
Anna Martin  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 00:56
Hungarian to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Resolved Aug 26, 2014

It is resolved now by adding a few lines to the Parser in Project Settings.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Headings and Table content of an AuthorIt xml appear as locked content in Trados Studio 2011

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »