https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/274009-how_do_i_add_en_gb_to_studio_2011_language_list.html

How do I add EN-GB to Studio 2011 language list?
Thread poster: Thomas Rebotier
Thomas Rebotier
Thomas Rebotier  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:09
English to French
Aug 29, 2014

My language list includes several variants of English (US, UK, ...) but not GB and one of my clients sends me EN_GB projects. Recently they omitted to send the source file all I had was a TTX and a TMX, and it turned out to be impossible to create a project with those two together, I had an error about "the translation provider does not offer this language pair..."

I think it's because EN_GB is not in my available languages, how do I fix this?

Thank you!

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 12:09
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
All English Aug 29, 2014

To change the language variants of a tmx, simply open it in a text editor (e.g. Notepad) and find & replace EN-GB with EN-UK (or whichever is the variant you have).
(Try it on a copy, just in case).

For a long-term solution:
Uninstall Studio and reinstall it.
Then, when you select your 5 languages, simply choose "English" and not any special variant. That way, all variants will be included.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I add EN-GB to Studio 2011 language list?

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »