Trados 2014 Preview fail
Thread poster: Chris Newton

Chris Newton  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 21:31
German to English
Sep 1, 2014

Has anyone had this problem with Trados Studio 2014? I click for real time preview of a doc and the error message says: "The version of Word you are using does not support Live Preview".
This seems to happen regardless of the file type. I'm using a 2013 Windows so it shouldn't be that.

Thanks

Chris

Direct link Reply with quote

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 11:31
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
MSI installation component Sep 1, 2014

This issue is not related to your Windows OS, but to your MS Office version.

You won't get a preview unless you have a MS Office MSI version installed. That means most versions of MS Office 2013 won't give you a preview.

You can only see a preview in the native format, by clicking Ctrl+Shift+P, but this preview isn't updated on the fly.

Chris Newton  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 21:31
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thought so... Sep 2, 2014

Thank you Emma

I thought this might have been the case - at least I know it's not a problem with my SDL set-up.

Cheers
Chris

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2014 Preview fail

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search