I want a .tmx file in a different language combination (region)
Thread poster: Laurens Landkroon
Laurens Landkroon
Laurens Landkroon  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:05
English to Dutch
+ ...
Sep 2, 2014

Sorry guys, I think i just fixed it; I created a new TM in Trados2007 and imported the US English translation, I then exported it into a .tmx file and imported it back into Trados 2007 (in that other language combination....)

Im leaving this post here in case anyone else comes across this issue

========================================================

Dear colleagues:

... See more
Sorry guys, I think i just fixed it; I created a new TM in Trados2007 and imported the US English translation, I then exported it into a .tmx file and imported it back into Trados 2007 (in that other language combination....)

Im leaving this post here in case anyone else comes across this issue

========================================================

Dear colleagues:

Here is my problem:

I needed to translate a document from NL into UK English, but I translated it from NL into US English.

I now need a tmx file from the TM this is NL-UK English.

Is there any way I can do this? I already created a blank NL-UK English TM but obviously, I cannot import that translated US English bilingual document.

I use Trados 2011, but also own the 2009 and 2007 versions......

My client uses Across, and he wants me to send that .tmx file so he can add it to their Clients TM; i guess it is obvious that Across cannot handle the bilingual .xldiff file I sent them.

Can I still get this done?

Many thanks for your time and effort guys!!

Best regards,

Laurens.

[Edited at 2014-09-02 16:47 GMT]
Collapse

J Gallagher (X)
J Gallagher (X)  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 17:05
English to Finnish
+ ...
Notepad++ Sep 2, 2014

I would just open the tmx file in Notepad++ (freeware) and replace e.g. "en-US" with "en-GB". And make sure my encoding setting is UTF-8.

Same thing if I used regular Notepad - UTF-8 rather than the default ANSI, which likely would corrupt special characters.

Naturally, you would also want to make sure that the English spelling, grammar and vocabulary match the regional setting.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I want a .tmx file in a different language combination (region)

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »