https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/274195-offers_why_upgrading_from_starter_to_freelance_costs_more_than_a_new_freelance_licence.html

Offers: Why upgrading from Starter to Freelance costs more than a new Freelance licence?
Thread poster: Zea_Mays
Zea_Mays
Zea_Mays  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 01:20
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
Sep 3, 2014

I was thinking about upgrading from my Starter licence to a Freelance one as currently there are interesting offers.
But then I have seen that it would cost more than a new Freelance licence (200 € more).
Can I also purchase a new licence? And why upgrading costs more than a new licence when I already paid the annual fee?
TIA for your reply.

[Bearbeitet am 2014-09-03 17:54 GMT]

Zea_Mays
Zea_Mays  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 01:20
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
New license? Sep 8, 2014

My main questions is: can I purchase a new Freelance license without upgrading from Starter to Freelance in this context?

Triston Goodwin
Triston Goodwin  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:20
Spanish to English
+ ...
I thought the same thing Sep 8, 2014

I had noticed the same price difference and thought it was a little crazy. I did purchase an entirely new license (at the discounted price) and replaced my old starter license. So far I haven't had any problems and the upgrade has already paid for itself. I plan to put the starter license on my laptop as soon as I get around to it.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Offers: Why upgrading from Starter to Freelance costs more than a new Freelance licence?

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »