"Save Target as" function does not work
Thread poster: Christin Lee

Christin Lee
Local time: 17:44
Sep 4, 2014

Hi everyone,

I met a weird situation, for years, I could click "save target as" in Studio 2011 to get the target file without any problem.

Today, me and my friend, we both tried to get a target file by using this function.

However, we failed.

After I sent the file to my client, he could export the file without any problem.....

The pop-up box I get says:

Failed to save target content: Object reference not set to an instance of of an object.

I tried to put the original source file under the target language folder, since it says no Object reference, but you know how it ends.....

Anyone has clue about this?

Thanks~


 

Wesley Bormann
Sweden
Local time: 10:44
fileformat? Sep 4, 2014

Christin Lee wrote:

Hi everyone,

I met a weird situation, for years, I could click "save target as" in Studio 2011 to get the target file without any problem.

Today, me and my friend, we both tried to get a target file by using this function.

However, we failed.

After I sent the file to my client, he could export the file without any problem.....

The pop-up box I get says:

Failed to save target content: Object reference not set to an instance of of an object.

I tried to put the original source file under the target language folder, since it says no Object reference, but you know how it ends.....

Anyone has clue about this?

Thanks~


Hi Christin,

I work at an LSP and solving these kind of problems is part of my Daily routine. What kind of file where you translating, what format?

99,9% of the time these problems come up with MS office files, usually they can easily be fixed by using the troubleshooting function in Office.


 

Christin Lee
Local time: 17:44
TOPIC STARTER
You are right Sep 4, 2014

Wesley Bormann wrote:

Christin Lee wrote:

Hi everyone,

I met a weird situation, for years, I could click "save target as" in Studio 2011 to get the target file without any problem.

Today, me and my friend, we both tried to get a target file by using this function.

However, we failed.

After I sent the file to my client, he could export the file without any problem.....

The pop-up box I get says:

Failed to save target content: Object reference not set to an instance of of an object.

I tried to put the original source file under the target language folder, since it says no Object reference, but you know how it ends.....

Anyone has clue about this?

Thanks~


Hi Christin,

I work at an LSP and solving these kind of problems is part of my Daily routine. What kind of file where you translating, what format?

99,9% of the time these problems come up with MS office files, usually they can easily be fixed by using the troubleshooting function in Office.


Hi Wesley,

Thanks for the answer.

You're right, the original file format is Microsoft Office Excel....

What do you mean "troubleshooting function"? Could you please specify?

Thanks~


 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Save Target as" function does not work

Advanced search







Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search