"Save Target as" function does not work
Thread poster: Christin Lee
Christin Lee
Local time: 17:31
Sep 4, 2014

Hi everyone,

I met a weird situation, for years, I could click "save target as" in Studio 2011 to get the target file without any problem.

Today, me and my friend, we both tried to get a target file by using this function.

However, we failed.

After I sent the file to my client, he could export the file without any problem.....

The pop-up box I get says:

Failed to save target content: Object reference not set to an instance of of an object.

I tried to put the original source file under the target language folder, since it says no Object reference, but you know how it ends.....

Anyone has clue about this?

Thanks~

Direct link Reply with quote

Wesley Bormann
Sweden
Local time: 10:31
fileformat? Sep 4, 2014

Christin Lee wrote:

Hi everyone,

I met a weird situation, for years, I could click "save target as" in Studio 2011 to get the target file without any problem.

Today, me and my friend, we both tried to get a target file by using this function.

However, we failed.

After I sent the file to my client, he could export the file without any problem.....

Failed to save target content: Object reference not set to an instance of of an object.

I tried to put the original source file under the target language folder, since it says no Object reference, but you know how it ends.....

Thanks~

Hi Christin,

I work at an LSP and solving these kind of problems is part of my Daily routine. What kind of file where you translating, what format?

99,9% of the time these problems come up with MS office files, usually they can easily be fixed by using the troubleshooting function in Office.

Christin Lee
Local time: 17:31
TOPIC STARTER
You are right Sep 4, 2014

Wesley Bormann wrote:

Christin Lee wrote:

Hi everyone,

However, we failed.

Thanks~

Hi Christin,

I work at an LSP and solving these kind of problems is part of my Daily routine. What kind of file where you translating, what format?

99,9% of the time these problems come up with MS office files, usually they can easily be fixed by using the troubleshooting function in Office.

Hi Wesley,

Thanks for the answer.

You're right, the original file format is Microsoft Office Excel....

What do you mean "troubleshooting function"? Could you please specify?

Thanks~

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Save Target as" function does not work

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search