Alignment in Studio 2014 SP1: Splitting and merging segments
Thread poster: Dmitriy Vysotskyy

Dmitriy Vysotskyy  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 18:11
English to Russian
+ ...
Sep 4, 2014

Just a couple of days ago I purchased Studio 2014 SP1 and the first problem I faced was the issue with splitting and merging segments during an alignment session. In previous editions with WinAlign it was quite straightforward. Now the only ways I could find are: a) connect one to many segments; and b) copy some items from one segment and then paste them into another one. However, sometimes it is important to split a segment into several ones rather than connect a source/target segment to many counterparts.
For example (English to Russian):

The source segment "EXW Ex Works (... named place)" matches to the two target segments: "EXW" and "Франко завод (… название места)".

I can link the source segments with the two corresponding target ones; however, I prefer to split the source one into 2 segments, namely "EXW" and "Ex Works (... named place)", to make a better connection. I can't insert an additional segment above or below that one or just split it as it was available in WinAlign. Is there any efficient way to do this in Studio SP1? Thank you in advance.

[Edited at 2014-09-04 10:17 GMT]

[Edited at 2014-09-04 18:16 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Alignment in Studio 2014 SP1: Splitting and merging segments

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search