Anna Haxen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 09:05
Member (2005)
English to Danish
+ ...
Sep 5, 2014

Dear All,

Similar questions may have been asked before, but I have not been able to find an answer to my particular problem. I purchased a new laptop recently with Windows 7 after having been using Windows XP for several years.

The question is: How can I transfer my XP versions of Trados 2007 & 2009 to the new laptop? I am not interested in upgrading. I would just like to carry on with the versions I have, if possible.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Regards,
Anna

Direct link Reply with quote

564354352  Identity Verified
Denmark
Danish to English
+ ...
Return your license, then reinstall Sep 5, 2014

Very simple process: just return your license to SDL from your old computer, then activate the license on your new computer.

Denmark
Member (2005)
English to Danish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you for you answer - Sep 5, 2014

- but do you know how I can install the applications themselves on the new PC? I can't find any site I can download these ancient versions from ... Thanks again

Yael Ramon  Identity Verified
Israel
German to Hebrew
+ ...
in your private account by SDL you have the downloads for all purchased products Sep 5, 2014

you can re-download them whenever you like to wherever you like. the activation, however, can only be used on one of them.

Denmark
Member (2005)
English to Danish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved Sep 5, 2014

Thank you both. I am very happy now.

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
How to move Studio resources Sep 5, 2014

You might like to read my suggestions on how to move Studio to a new PC, following my experience earlier this year.
I moved Studio 2014 to a Windows 8.1 laptop, but most resources (user profiles, autotext lists, etc.) will be similar for Studio 2009.

http://signsandsymptomsoftranslation.com/2014/02/11/studio-on-a-new-computer/

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Moving Trados 2007 & 2009 to new PC and new OS

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search