Thread poster: Nehad Hussein
Nehad Hussein
Nehad Hussein  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:09
English to Arabic
Sep 7, 2014

Dear All,

i have a problem with the formatting of the final file created by Trados 2014 Freelance Edition. One of my client asked me to provide a bilingual file (table with one column for ST and another for TT). when I finish translation only the target file is created and it is in Arabic of course (right to left direction). When I try to copy and paste the English source in the other column, everything in this column gets messy and the text is reversed somehow. lots of red underlin
... See more
Dear All,

i have a problem with the formatting of the final file created by Trados 2014 Freelance Edition. One of my client asked me to provide a bilingual file (table with one column for ST and another for TT). when I finish translation only the target file is created and it is in Arabic of course (right to left direction). When I try to copy and paste the English source in the other column, everything in this column gets messy and the text is reversed somehow. lots of red underlines appears under the English. Any advise how to fix this situation.
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:09
English
Export for External Review Sep 7, 2014

Hello Nehad,

It sounds as though your client could use the Export for External Review file that Studio can create. This gives them a file with source on the left and target on the right, but more specifically they can edit the target text, return the file to you, and you can update your translation by importing this review file.

There's an article here that was written to help avoid problems with using the Export for External Review workflow, but it will give you a goo
... See more
Hello Nehad,

It sounds as though your client could use the Export for External Review file that Studio can create. This gives them a file with source on the left and target on the right, but more specifically they can edit the target text, return the file to you, and you can update your translation by importing this review file.

There's an article here that was written to help avoid problems with using the Export for External Review workflow, but it will give you a good idea of how this all works : http://wp.me/p2xDjK-Jq

Regards

Paul
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Copy and Paste of Column content

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »