Studio 2014 / XLIFF Wrong parsing and corrupted export
Thread poster: mligor

Local time: 03:43
Sep 8, 2014

In case of empty tag (in my case <mrk mtype="protected"/>) Studio 2014 with XLIFF Parser do wrong import - it cut segment after empty mrk tag.

here is my complete XLF file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xliff version="1.1" xmlns="urn:oasis:names:tc:xliff:document:1.1" xmlns:ttn="ttn" xmlns:xsi="" xsi:schemaLocation="urn:oasis:names:tc:xliff:document:1.1">
<file datatype="xml" source-language="en-us" target-language="fr-fr" ttn:GUID="8ohyhz3l3lwer3tjsep6zf7ma">
<trans-unit datatype="xml" id="394747" restype="string" translate="yes">
<source>Translation is the communication of the <mrk comment="Hyperlink:begin::goid=394899" mtype="protected"/>meaning<mrk comment="Hyperlink:end::goid=394899" mtype="protected"/> of a source-language text by means of an equivalent target-language text

with Studio 2014 I get only 8 Words to translate : "Translation is the communication of the" - with 2011 everything works es expected.

Complete project + XLF + Export XLF files are available here :

Does someone else has similar issue ?

Thanks for your help.

[Edited at 2014-09-08 10:01 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2014 / XLIFF Wrong parsing and corrupted export

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €415 / $495
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €415 / $495 / £325 / ¥60,000 You will also receive FREE access to our getting started eLearning program!

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

• All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search