Studio 2011 - Update TM after Generate Target
Thread poster: EchoCom
EchoCom
Belgium
Local time: 10:27
English to Dutch
Sep 8, 2014

I have a project with 60+ files in 5 languages, and I would like to add them to a new TM.
The files had already been saved as target in the past (Batch Task > Generate Target Translation). Created a new TM for each language, added the TMs to the languages in Project Settings, and when I go to Batch Tasks, Update Main Translation Memories is not available.
The only way to make them available for a TM update, seems to be by changing something in the file.

Opening 300+ files, changing something and saving again will take hours (some of the larger files take 10-15 seconds to open), and it is not really something I enjoy doing.

Put simply: how do I update a (new) TM with files of which the target files have already been generated (apart from importing the SDLXLIFF files into the TMs, which would also involve quite a few actions)?

This is in Studio 2011, but Studio 2014 seems to have the same problem.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2011 - Update TM after Generate Target

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search