https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/274450-obtaining_target_count_in_tageditor.html

Obtaining Target Count in TagEditor
Thread poster: Michael Reimer
Michael Reimer
Michael Reimer
Portugal
Local time: 05:32
Member (2009)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Sep 8, 2014

I was given a large set of TTX files (40,000+ words in 60+ files, all converted by the client) and told that payment would be made on the target count. Now that the project is done and dusted, I'm wondering if there's any way to get a target count without the Word files from which the TTX were created. All I have are the original TTX files and the translated bilingual TTX files. I've been poking around the forums and haven't found a solution. Any ideas will be very much appreciated!... See more
I was given a large set of TTX files (40,000+ words in 60+ files, all converted by the client) and told that payment would be made on the target count. Now that the project is done and dusted, I'm wondering if there's any way to get a target count without the Word files from which the TTX were created. All I have are the original TTX files and the translated bilingual TTX files. I've been poking around the forums and haven't found a solution. Any ideas will be very much appreciated!Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:32
English
Maybe... Sep 9, 2014

... you can stills ave the target file without the original source? This is sometimes possible if the filetype is known.

If not, then I guess you could Export for External Review, then delete everything apart from the target column in the Word file you get. Then analyse the word file.

Another way would be to import the sdlxliff to a clean TM and then use something like SDLTMConvert from the OpenExchange which can create a file containing only the source or target text
... See more
... you can stills ave the target file without the original source? This is sometimes possible if the filetype is known.

If not, then I guess you could Export for External Review, then delete everything apart from the target column in the Word file you get. Then analyse the word file.

Another way would be to import the sdlxliff to a clean TM and then use something like SDLTMConvert from the OpenExchange which can create a file containing only the source or target text. Then analyse that.

Maybe some other ways but perhaps these will be interesting enough?

Regards

Paul
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Obtaining Target Count in TagEditor

Translation news related to SDL Trados

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »