No sign of MT Enhanced...
Thread poster: Colin Smith

Colin Smith  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 03:35
French to English
Sep 9, 2014

I have installed the MT Enhanced Translation Provider but it doesn't appear in the drop down list under Project Settings. Have checked Programs and Features in Control Panel, and both MT Enhanced Translation Provider and MT Enhanced Microsoft Translator are successfully installed.

(I also installed Google MT, that appears on the list).

What do I need to do to activate it?

Thanks

Colin

Direct link Reply with quote

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:35
Member (2004)
English to Italian
maybe... Sep 9, 2014

you need to activate it in the plug-ins list.... Add-ins > Plug-ins

If it's listed, tick the box next to it...

France
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
MT Enhanced Sep 9, 2014

Thanks for the suggestion Giovanni, but it doesn't appear on that list.

SDL Language Cloud does, but neither Google MT or MT Enhance do.

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Maybe you should... Sep 9, 2014

... look in File -> Options and not Project Settings? Each Project has it's own settings based on what was available at the time you created the Project and the specific settings you used. So if you added a provider to your options it may not be available in projects that were already created.

Having said this I am a little surprised this is the case for an MT plugin as I would have expected to see it there. I have one other suggestion though as you didn't mention what version of Studio you are using. Both the Google and Microsoft plugins on the OpenExchange written by Patrick Porter are for Studio 2009 and 2011. So if you have Studio 2014 you won't see them at all.

Check in here:

c:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\11\Plugins\Packages\

See if you have any of these files in there?

MteTranslationProviderMst.sdlplugin
MtEnhancedUsingGoogleTranslate.sdlplugin

If not then that's your problem. Until the developer releases an update you can try this.

Copy both files from here (assuming you have Studio 2011?):

c:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\10\Plugins\Packages\

to here:

c:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\11\Plugins\Packages\

Then start Studio 2014 and it will be unpacked. Check it’s all there and working in Studio 2014 and hopefully all will be well. No guarantees but it won’t break anything

Let me know if it seems to work ok?

Regards

Paul

France
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
MY Enhanced Sep 10, 2014

Thanks Paul, I don't have 2009 or 2011 (which is why I am somewhat at sea with 2014) but I did have those files in the 2010 folder, have copied them as you suggest and MT Enhanced now appears on the list!

Just run a quick test and it works. I don't know about other fields, but in mine (financial/legal) the Microsoft Translator AT is the only remotely usable one.

Thanks for your help,

Colin

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

No sign of MT Enhanced...

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search