Alignment in Studio 2014
Thread poster: birgitadler
birgitadler
Germany
Local time: 20:32
English to German
Sep 11, 2014

Good evening everybody,

I asked a client to send me reference material for a translation I'm currently working on. He said he aligned the old translations for me; what he sent me are 6 files with the following endings: *.iix, *.mdf, *.mtf, *.mwf, *.tmw, *pjt. I understand that the first five files are Workbench files; the client says the pjt-file is an alignment.

I work with Studio 2014. What do I have to do now so I can use these files I was sent?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks and regards,
Birgit

Direct link Reply with quote

Myron Netchypor  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 21:32
Member (2003)
English to Ukrainian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
Just upgrade the TM Sep 11, 2014

Hi Birgita,

You are right the first five files are the workbench TM-files. Just upgrade the TM in Studio 2014, and add the upgraded TM to your project.

birgitadler
Germany
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Upgraded TM doesn't contain any translation units Sep 11, 2014

Hi Myron,

my upgraded TM does not contain any translation units
Also, when I try to add it to my project, Studio says this language pair is not supported (language pair of upgraded TM: US English-German; language pair of my project: British English-German).

And when I start upgrading the TM, I choose "add file-based TMs", but then in the next step Studio offers me only the tmw-file to choose from, although I saved all the six files to the same folder. Is that how it should be, that I can choose only the tmw-file?

And finally, what about the pjt-file? What do I do with that?

Thank you so much in advance!

Myron Netchypor  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 21:32
Member (2003)
English to Ukrainian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
Hi again Sep 11, 2014

pjt-file is the alignment project file of the old Trados. I think the client has sent it you by mistake. He should have sent you the exported tmx or txt file from alignment project instead.

as to the TM upgrading, everything is correct there, as Studio is looking only for tmw-file from those five you mention. I only wonder what for the client sent you the empty tm.

and regarding the language pair, and in case the client's tm is not empty, and you created new tm for you project, I think the solution is to re-create the project using the corresponding tm language pair.

[Edited at 2014-09-11 18:44 GMT]

birgitadler
Germany
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks so far Sep 11, 2014

... and I'll try to resolve all these issues with the client tomorrow!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Alignment in Studio 2014

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search