Thread poster: Elin Hellmark Kristoffersson

Elin Hellmark Kristoffersson  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 07:33
English to Swedish
+ ...
Sep 16, 2014

Hi all,

I apologize if this has been asked before - I've searched for an answer but haven't found one (and I don't have time to test it out and accidentally screw something up).

I have SDL Trados Studio 2011 Freelance installed on both my work desktop and on my laptop at home. Up until now I've never actually tried working on a project from both at home and at work, but I've just received a translation package that is due on Monday and I'd rather not spend the entire weekend at the office (which is where I'm planning to start the work). Therefore: does the Freelance version allow you to work on a project on two different computers?

With this I mean I would do my work at the office Wednesday through Friday, and then before leaving on Friday I would deactivate my license on that computer and activate it on my laptop when I came home. I use Dropbox to store all my current work files, so getting access to the project wouldn't be a problem. I just need to know if this is possible, and if it is, is there anything in particular I need to think about?

Thanks!

Robert Rietvelt  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:33
Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
What is the problem? Sep 18, 2014

I don't see the problem.

If I understand correctly, you got a license for 2 computers. Make a back-up of your work from computer 1 (+TM, that is what I do), download the whole stuff on computer 2, and continue working.

I don't know about Dropbox, but I use a USB-stick, works as a charm.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2011 Freelance: working on a project on two different computers

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search