Can I create a Studio project TM based on fuzzy matches?
Thread poster: Burckhardt

Burckhardt
Local time: 03:24
English to German
Sep 18, 2014

We have a number of very large TMs. When we receive a new project and run the analysis we typically get good leveraging results.

When creating translation packages we can either include the main TM or a project TM. Often, neither option helps, because
- the main TM may be very large, and
- the project TM only includes full matches.

My question: Is there a way to create a (project-) TM that includes all matches down to a certain fuzzy level, say 70%, as a subset of the main TM. That way the translator would see all applicable matches for segments in their package without needing to download the main TM over and over.

We have developed a very time-consuming internal process that accomplished this, but I am hoping that someone out there has a better idea.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can I create a Studio project TM based on fuzzy matches?

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search