Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 04:51
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Dec 11, 2004

I have 6.5.5.438. The help-menu consists of a single page, not other content or index does work. I searched at Translation Zone for a guide, but didn't find one.
My concerns at the moment: how and where to change the font of the text in TE and how to configure the spelling checker(s). Nothing happened with typos and the original spelling checker, and nothing happens with Word's spelling checker.
It's a bit like driving withour headlights when translating without functioning spelling
... See more
I have 6.5.5.438. The help-menu consists of a single page, not other content or index does work. I searched at Translation Zone for a guide, but didn't find one.
My concerns at the moment: how and where to change the font of the text in TE and how to configure the spelling checker(s). Nothing happened with typos and the original spelling checker, and nothing happens with Word's spelling checker.
It's a bit like driving withour headlights when translating without functioning spelling checker.
Thanks for advice!
Heinrich
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 03:51
English to German
+ ...
Part of the Workbench Manual Dec 11, 2004

Hi Heinrich,
I have 6.5.5.438. The help-menu consists of a single page, not other content or index does work.

Actually, there's much more context in the Help menu of my TagEditor - are you sure you didn't deactivate something during installation?

I searched at Translation Zone for a guide, but didn't find one.

No need to download: the functions and workflows are explained, in detail, in chapter 8 of the Translator's Workbench Guide, and in the File Formats Reference Guide, both of which are installed with T6.5 (Start - Programs - Trados 6.5 - Documentation).

My concerns at the moment: how and where to change the font of the text in TE

Why would you want to do that? The font is prescribed by the tags in your source document - copy the tags, and the font should be ok. Maybe you could explain why you would need to change the font?

and how to configure the spelling checker(s). Nothing happened with typos and the original spelling checker, and nothing happens with Word's spelling checker.

Taken from TagEditor Help (in the left-hand navigation, follow Navigating the TagEditor Interface - Tools Menu - Plug-ins):

If you are using the Microsoft Word Spelling Checker in TagEditor, you will need to configure the spelling checker options from within Microsoft Word. To configure the spelling checker:

1. On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the Spelling & Grammar tab.

2. In the Spelling group box, choose the options that you want for the spelling checker:

· Select the Check Spelling as you type check box for automatic correction of misspellings as you type.

· Select Hide spelling errors in this document if you do not want spelling errors to be highlighted by a wavy red line underneath the word.

· Select Always suggest corrections to have Microsoft Word suggest corrections to misspellings.

· Select Suggest from main dictionary only if you do not want Word to suggest spellings from any open Custom dictionaries.

· Select Ignore words in uppercase to skip words containing uppercase characters only, for example, acronyms.

· Select Ignore words with numbers to skip words with one or several numbers, for example, Win95 or Q4.

· Select Ignore Internet and file addresses if you do not want Word to check Internet addresses, file names or email addresses.

HTH, Ralf

Aleksandr Okunev (X)
Aleksandr Okunev (X)
English to Russian
I guess it's interface Dec 11, 2004

My concerns at the moment: how and where to change the font of the text in TE

Why would you want to do that? The font is prescribed by the tags in your source document - copy the tags, and the font should be ok. Maybe you could explain why you would need to change the font?

I was also thinking about changing the workspace area font to make it bigger and serif, I guess this is meant here, not the font on the final output.
Is there a setting?

[Edited at 2004-12-11 22:51]

Heinrich Pesch
Finland
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, Ralf! Dec 11, 2004

I did a quite normal installation without any exclusions, I believe.
Yes, Aleksandr is right, I would prefer to set the font size of the texts displayed somewhat higher and rather use a fixed spaced font like Courier. The default font Arial is the worst of all, when one has to write words like "profiililista".
Up to now I found only, that I can change the font used in tags.
Re Word-spellchecker, I have these settings all in place, but nothing happens in TE.
I remember ha
... See more
I did a quite normal installation without any exclusions, I believe.
Yes, Aleksandr is right, I would prefer to set the font size of the texts displayed somewhat higher and rather use a fixed spaced font like Courier. The default font Arial is the worst of all, when one has to write words like "profiililista".
Up to now I found only, that I can change the font used in tags.
Re Word-spellchecker, I have these settings all in place, but nothing happens in TE.
I remember having seen before other postings about problems with spell-check, searched for them but didn't find what was the solution.
Regards
Heinrich

[Edited at 2004-12-11 23:04]
Collapse

dgmaga (X)
dgmaga (X)
English to Spanish
It's in the DTD settings Dec 12, 2004

Hi,

You can do it through the DTD settings.

In TagEditor, go to "Tools", "DTD Settings". Then you have to select one DTD settings file and click the Edit button.

In the DTD settings property windows, you have to go to the "Defaults" tab. There you can choose the font to you want to use to display the text of the document.

Keep in mind that, in order to change this setting in the DTD settings file, no document using this DTD settings file must b
... See more
Hi,

You can do it through the DTD settings.

In TagEditor, go to "Tools", "DTD Settings". Then you have to select one DTD settings file and click the Edit button.

In the DTD settings property windows, you have to go to the "Defaults" tab. There you can choose the font to you want to use to display the text of the document.

Keep in mind that, in order to change this setting in the DTD settings file, no document using this DTD settings file must be opened.

If you translate different types of files which use different DTD settings file, you will have to go and change this option for each DTD settings file. The advantage is that you can use different fonts for different types of files.

I hope this helps!

Daniel
Collapse

Heinrich Pesch
Finland
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, Daniel... Dec 13, 2004

I'll try that. The dtp-settings are provided by the client, but it will hardly matter if I change them for my own purposes.
And I noticed Word's spell-checker stepped in at last, so all is well now.
Thanks for all advice!
Heinrich

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is there a proper guide for TagEditor?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »