Using Trados Studio to translate files with tags from Trados 6.5
Thread poster: Gareth Wilson (X)

Gareth Wilson (X)

Spanish to English
Sep 22, 2014

Hello everyone,

I need urgent help with a problem I have! I've been sent a document to translate that has Trados 6.5 tags. I use Trados Studio 2014. When I add the document to Trados Studio only the parts with the tags are loaded. So basically, only the parts that already have a translation (for revision) are loaded and the text to be translated is nowhere in sight. I'm really don't know how to solve this problem. Please help!

Gareth

Gareth Wilson (X)

Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Solution Mar 12, 2015

Just in case anybody stumbles across this and wonders how I solved it. I asked the agency to copy the untranslated source text into the target text segments so that all the text appeared in Trados. You then have the option of leaving the target segments blank on all 0% matches. This then allows you to work as normal. I hope this helps.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Using Trados Studio to translate files with tags from Trados 6.5

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search