Marking up tags that have entities for < and >
Thread poster: newtotrados
newtotrados
Local time: 07:06
Sep 24, 2014

Hi, I have TRADOS Studio 2014 and have received an XML file to work on that contains entities () of a tag >

Example:

<p>Information Security

• Identify business threats within the company

What is the best approach to mark these up so that they marked-up as if they were actual HTML tags (Example: ,
    , etc…)

Thanks

[Edited at 2014-09-24 11:26 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

kirtliu
Taiwan
use Embedded content in XML file type setting Sep 25, 2014

you can identify these tags in the XML file types setting --> Embedded content.

use regular expression to identify these tags, i.e. ]*> to identify all < > form tags.

newtotrados
Local time: 07:06
TOPIC STARTER
Tried this Sep 25, 2014

I have used the Embedded content feature, but it is not setting the tags that start with an opening entity and ending with a closing entity as inline text.

When i try to provide a sample of the text with the entities, the post/forum automatically converts them to the actual characters.

The text in the XML is something like this, where the text "threats" is bold (star instead of ampher sign, so to see this example)

(Identify business *gt; b *lt; threats *gt; /b *lt; within the company)

Thanks

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:06
English
I just tested this... Sep 26, 2014

... and the embedded content process works correctly. Can I just confirm that you didn't make a mistake in the information you provided as you have the closing tag before the opening tag which of course won't work (gt and lt the wrong way around).

If you have a sample file you can share Ill happily create the filetype and share how you need to handle this?

Regards

Paul
pfilkin@sdl.com

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Marking up tags that have entities for < and >

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search