How to open a hyperlink directly from editor?
Thread poster: Iwona Mróz

Iwona Mróz
Poland
Local time: 12:44
German to Polish
Sep 26, 2014

Dear All,

I translate a word file in SDL Trados Studio 2014. There are some hyperlinks in the source text and I wonder, if there is a way to open them directly from the editor view. Just like you would do in Word by Ctrl + clicking on the hyperlink.

After converting the file to Trados the hyperlinks are recognised (blue and underlined) and tagged but I cannot open them directly. I would have to copy and paste them into the URL bar of the browser but it slows me down.

Any ideas?

Best regards,
Iwona

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Use the preview... Sep 27, 2014

Hi Iwona,

If you use the preview feature then you can click on live links in there and get to a website for example. But not in the Editor as this is for translating the content and clicking on them can have different effects related to working with the text.

Regards

Paul

Iwona Mróz
Poland
German to Polish
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Sep 28, 2014

Thank you for your explanation, Paul!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to open a hyperlink directly from editor?

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search