TRADOS 7 TagEditor's spellchecker error: "program stopped working".
Thread poster: Kurt Wagner
Kurt Wagner
Poland
Sep 26, 2014

Hello everybody,
I have a weird problem with TRADOS 7 ( 7.1.0.719, build 720) running on my PC with Windows 7 64bit and MS Office 2007.
TRADOS is configureted to use Word Spelling Checker.
I ticked option to run spellcheck everytime when I close segment, but when I am in segment with non-latin characters (e.g. russian cyrillic, greek and so on) or some shortcuts like "e.g." checker freezes, and after a second pop-up displays with error: "TagEditor stopped working". The only way is to close TagEditor.
I've googled for solution for hours, but unsuccessfully.
My step-by-step history is: I've installed Windows 7, then Office 2007, then Trados 7. I have also registered Trados in Windows's registry. I tried reparing installation, re-installation and nothing helps.
What is more interesting is that the same TRADOS, on the same Office and also Win7 64bit, works like a charm on my laptop. No problems at all. I've run through all options menus in TagEditor on both and didn't find any difference between laptop and PC.
Most possibly I forgot about something... no idea.
Please help me.
Kurt.

[Edited at 2014-09-26 16:46 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 12:39
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
Please kindly Sep 26, 2014

stop reloading the page: each time when you do this your post is de-vetted by the system.

Thank you.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TRADOS 7 TagEditor's spellchecker error: "program stopped working".

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search