Studio 2014: is it possible to filter unconfirmed segments AND repetitions?
Thread poster: José Carlos Gil
José Carlos Gil
José Carlos Gil  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 05:54
English to Spanish
+ ...
Sep 26, 2014

Hi,

This is not the first time that this situation happens and I can't find a solution...

I'm reviewing fuzzy and new of a big project with a lot of repetitions. If I use a filter to filter out the 100%s, I can't filter the repetitions (so that I only have to make a correction in one segment and auto-propagate to other). Is there any way to get only 1 segment per repetition AND only keeping fuzzy and new (in this case, I can by the filter "unconfirmed").

I
... See more
Hi,

This is not the first time that this situation happens and I can't find a solution...

I'm reviewing fuzzy and new of a big project with a lot of repetitions. If I use a filter to filter out the 100%s, I can't filter the repetitions (so that I only have to make a correction in one segment and auto-propagate to other). Is there any way to get only 1 segment per repetition AND only keeping fuzzy and new (in this case, I can by the filter "unconfirmed").

If there is not a "double filter" option, is there any "unofficial" way to get the same results?

Thanks!

All the best,

JC Gil
Collapse

Shai Navé
Shai Navé  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 06:54
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Using Locked segments Sep 26, 2014

The best workaround that I can come up with is selecting the "Excluding first occurrence" as the filter. Lock these segments and then display only "Unlocked" segments, which should leave you with the first occurrence of all repetitions and all the other segments.

Because you locked the segments, when you complete the translation you will need to unlock and update them (i.e. the repetitions).

José Carlos Gil
Netherlands
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you so much, but... Sep 26, 2014

if I do that, I still get the 100%s there, but if I apply the "unconfirmed" filter to get the 100%s out, at least I can recognize repetitions because they are locked, which can help out in a way.

If you or anybody else (SDL staff included) come up with another workaround, I'd really appreciate it.

Shai Navé
Shai Navé  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 06:54
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Segment status Sep 26, 2014

Studio should skip the 100% so they shouldn't be a distraction.
The only other workaround that I can think of at the moment is to do several filtering operations to select only the segments that you need, and change their segment status to Draft, for example. When done, just filter for that segment status and only those segments should appear.

José Carlos Gil
Netherlands
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks again! Sep 26, 2014

I will check it out on Monday!

Nice weekend!

[Edited at 2014-09-26 18:29 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2014: is it possible to filter unconfirmed segments AND repetitions?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »