How to create SDL Xliff file in Trados 2014?
Thread poster: jadzia78
jadzia78  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:46
Polish to English
+ ...
Sep 29, 2014

Hello,
I was wondering if someone can help me on how to create an Xliff bilingual file in Trados 2014. I tried to save as / advanced save as but it doesn't work. Anyone have any experience with this? I would greatly appreciate it.

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:46
English
As soon as you open a file... Sep 29, 2014

... into the Editor in Studio, or create a Project via the wizard, you have the sdlxliff. If you can't find it then just open the file in Studio, and then with the file open go back to the Files View, right-click the file and select "Explore containing folder". The sdlxliff will be in there.

Studio works on the sdlxliff file itself, so it's not generated from a database.

There are a few ways to find this, this is just one. But generally once you understand the project structure, and know the difference between types of projects then it's straightforward.

Let me know if this helps?

Regards

Paul

jadzia78  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:46
Polish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Paul! Oct 6, 2014

Thank you!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to create SDL Xliff file in Trados 2014?

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search