Can I use 4 termbases effectively at the same time in Studio 2014?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson

Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Oct 2, 2014

Can I use 4 termbases effectively at the same time for a project inside the editor window for automatic term hits in Studio 2014?

I have a large project, and it would speed up the translation quite a lot if I could use my 4 termbases directly inside Studio 2014 editor window. So that I get term hits automatically for each segment, either from the TM or from any of the 4 termbases I have activated for the project.

If I can have 4 active termbases at the same time, how does it work for example if there are term hits in several different termbases at the same time? Which term gets prioritized in that case, also in relation to the TM?

Can I easily switch between the termbases to view the different termhits, so I quickly can choose the right one?

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:37
English
You can use as many termbases as you like... Oct 2, 2014

... for look up. The searching and presentation of results is based on these settings:

However, you can only add terms to the default termbases. So how effectively you can work with multiple termbases depends on what you are doing. Trying to add terms to different termbases as you work would not be very effective, but just looking them up and using them interactively as you translate would be fine.

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can I use 4 termbases effectively at the same time in Studio 2014?

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search