Why do I get no TM-hits in Studio 2014 even though analysis statistics says there are no new words?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 06:37
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Oct 6, 2014

Why do I get no TM-hits in Studio 2014 even though analysis statistics says there are no new words?

I first looked at the analysis statistics for a file, and it says there are 2 100 % match and 82 repetitions (everything else is 0).
But then when I open the file for translation, for the first segment I get no hit in the TM. Why?

I received the TM from the customer, does it have anything to do with that I need to change TM settings according to customer's TM settin
... See more

I first looked at the analysis statistics for a file, and it says there are 2 100 % match and 82 repetitions (everything else is 0).
But then when I open the file for translation, for the first segment I get no hit in the TM. Why?

I received the TM from the customer, does it have anything to do with that I need to change TM settings according to customer's TM settings?

Or could it have to do with the fact that these repetitions that are reported in the Analysis statistics are displayed just as repetitions because the files I have opened now are among the last ones of a total of 2,600 files. So the same sentences appear in other files but in "earlier" folders/files.

[Edited at 2014-10-06 13:14 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »