How do I merge TMs with only the newest instance of each duplicate entry remaining?
Thread poster: lhipsher
lhipsher
United States
Oct 14, 2014

Hello,

I reference this forum quite a bit and have found a lot of helpful advice so I'm hoping someone can help me with this problem.

I am wondering if it is possible to merge 2 TMs while maintaining the newest instance of each duplicate entry instead of simply overwriting one TM with the other.

It seems Olifant might be the best program to do this. I tried updating the Merge Options to overwrite the 'ChgDate' Field but I can't figure out how to only overwrite with newer duplicates and exclude older. Any assistance that someone could give me would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Direct link Reply with quote

Michael Joseph Wdowiak Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:20
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Heartsome TMX editor Oct 14, 2014

An easy way to do this is to:

1. Merge the two TMXs with Heartsome's free TMX editor (File > Merge TMX…)
2. Run the commend: Edit > Clean up TM… and makes sure ‘Repetitions (keep the latest segment)’ is selected.

This will get rid of all the oldest versions of any duplicate entries.

Repetitions (keep the latest segment)

Michael

PS: Heartsome's TMX editor used to be a paid program, but they recently went bust or decided to call it a day. The open source version can be downloaded here: https://github.com/heartsome/tmxeditor8

lhipsher
United States
TOPIC STARTER
THANK YOU!! Oct 14, 2014

Hello Michael,

I downloaded the Open Source version of Heartsome and tried out your instructions and it worked great! Very easy to do with this program. Thanks for the help and screenshots are always appreciated!

All the best!
Luke

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I merge TMs with only the newest instance of each duplicate entry remaining?

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search