Studio 2011 won't close
Thread poster: Victoria Frazier
Victoria Frazier  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:35
English to Spanish
Oct 15, 2014

Hello,

Studio 2011 won't close/shut down. I am afraid I will lose all my work if I force a computer shut down. I am working with XLF files.

I would greatly appreciate any help you can provide. I cannot find a related topic in SDL web site.

Victoria Frazier

Direct link Reply with quote

Mervyn Henderson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 21:35
Spanish to English
+ ...
Why not just store your memories ... Oct 15, 2014

... and all ongoing stuff and then force the shutdown? Forced shutdown is necessary sometimes, and computers are built for it. Then you just open up Studio again.

Best,

Mervyn

Victoria Frazier  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:35
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for your reply. Oct 15, 2014

Mervyn, that is exactly what I did. However, the question still remains, why did it happened?

Kind regards,

Victoria

Mervyn Henderson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 21:35
Spanish to English
+ ...
As long as you got going again ... Oct 16, 2014

... who cares? Programmes do all kinds of weird things, and not just Studio. Contact SDL directly meanwhile if you want, maybe, to see if there's any maintenance you could do to stop it happening again.

Best,

Mervyn

Re-Installation Oct 17, 2014

Hi Victoria,

Please try removing the software from your machine, then download and install it again. This has cured this type of problem for some users.

Please make sure you return your activation code from within the Software before removing the software from your machine.

If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact me direct at sbarlow@sdl.com or use our livechat service at the following link - bit.ly/SDLChat

Kind Regards,

Steve

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2011 won't close

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search