Studio 2011 won't close
Thread poster: Victoria Frazier

Victoria Frazier  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:31
English to Spanish
Oct 15, 2014

Hello,

Studio 2011 won't close/shut down. I am afraid I will lose all my work if I force a computer shut down. I am working with XLF files.

I would greatly appreciate any help you can provide. I cannot find a related topic in SDL web site.

Victoria Frazier

Mervyn Henderson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 09:31
Spanish to English
+ ...
Why not just store your memories ... Oct 15, 2014

... and all ongoing stuff and then force the shutdown? Forced shutdown is necessary sometimes, and computers are built for it. Then you just open up Studio again.

Best,

Mervyn

Victoria Frazier  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:31
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for your reply. Oct 15, 2014

Mervyn, that is exactly what I did. However, the question still remains, why did it happened?

Kind regards,

Victoria

Mervyn Henderson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 09:31
Spanish to English
+ ...
As long as you got going again ... Oct 16, 2014

... who cares? Programmes do all kinds of weird things, and not just Studio. Contact SDL directly meanwhile if you want, maybe, to see if there's any maintenance you could do to stop it happening again.

Best,

Mervyn

Re-Installation Oct 17, 2014

Hi Victoria,

Please try removing the software from your machine, then download and install it again. This has cured this type of problem for some users.

Please make sure you return your activation code from within the Software before removing the software from your machine.

If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact me direct at sbarlow@sdl.com or use our livechat service at the following link - bit.ly/SDLChat

Kind Regards,

Steve

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2011 won't close

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search