https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/276322-error_message_when_starting_sdl_trados_2014_and_opening_the_next_files.html

Error message when starting SDL Trados 2014 and opening the next files
Thread poster: VIBOL KEO
VIBOL KEO
VIBOL KEO  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:49
Member (2009)
English to Khmer (Central)
Oct 16, 2014

Ladies and Gentlemen:

I have recently faced a message error saying "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" from SDL Trados 2014.

Sometimes it appeared while starting it but I was able to go further by hitting the OK button with this message to open the first file for translation.

However, I have been prevented from opening the next file and/or multiple files for translation as usual even if I clicked on the same button. This has forced me to
... See more
Ladies and Gentlemen:

I have recently faced a message error saying "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" from SDL Trados 2014.

Sometimes it appeared while starting it but I was able to go further by hitting the OK button with this message to open the first file for translation.

However, I have been prevented from opening the next file and/or multiple files for translation as usual even if I clicked on the same button. This has forced me to restart Windows for opening each file for translation.

I am wondering whether anyone could help suggest so as to sort it out.
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:49
English
Recommend you contact SDL Support... Oct 16, 2014

... as this is a very generic error. Do this through the solution finder which will suggest a few solutions which might help, but if they don't you can log a ticket at the end.

Go to the Knowledgebase;

http://kb.sdl.com

Then go to t
... See more
... as this is a very generic error. Do this through the solution finder which will suggest a few solutions which might help, but if they don't you can log a ticket at the end.

Go to the Knowledgebase;

http://kb.sdl.com

Then go to the tab called Solution Finder ( http://kb.sdl.com/?cid=23&tab=sf ) and now go here;

Download & Installation Problems
- I use SDL Trados Studio and/or SDL MultiTerm 2009, 2011 or 2014
-- The installation went fine but now I get an error message etc
--- The problem occurs in (pick the appropriate tool/s)
---- None of the articles resolved my problem (if they didn’t!)

Follow the route for your problem and if there is no answer that helps by the time you get to the end you'll be presented with a form to contact support. Complete all the fields in the form making sure your email address is entered correctly or nobody will be able to get back in touch with you.

Also use the Chrome browser to log the case if you have it; you'll get more success in completing the form.

Regards

Paul
Collapse

Neila Carneiro-Winrow
Neila Carneiro-Winrow  Identity Verified
Germany
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Solution? Jun 22, 2015

Did you find the solution, Vibol?

VIBOL KEO
VIBOL KEO  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:49
Member (2009)
English to Khmer (Central)
TOPIC STARTER
No solution yet! Jun 24, 2015

It has not been fixed up, Neila. However, I have not tried with Paul's recommendation since then. Your question should become a reminder to me... Thanks for this!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error message when starting SDL Trados 2014 and opening the next files

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »