https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/276848-java_security_warning_does_not_let_me_add_or_edit_terms_in_sdl_multiterm_or_sdl_trados_studio_2014.html

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
Java Security Warning does not let me add or edit terms in SDL MultiTerm or SDL Trados Studio 2014
Thread poster: Lilia Simões
Lilia Simões
Lilia Simões  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 18:44
Member (2010)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Oct 27, 2014

When I try to add or edit a term in SDL Multiterm or SDL Trados Studio 2014 (Freelance) I get a Java pop-up window stating - "Java Application Blocked" - Application Blocked by Java Security.
For security, applications must now meet the requirements for the High or Very High security settings, or be part of the Exception Site list, to be allowed to run.
Name: SDL Multiterm Editor
Reason:
... See more
When I try to add or edit a term in SDL Multiterm or SDL Trados Studio 2014 (Freelance) I get a Java pop-up window stating - "Java Application Blocked" - Application Blocked by Java Security.
For security, applications must now meet the requirements for the High or Very High security settings, or be part of the Exception Site list, to be allowed to run.
Reason: Your security settings have blocked an application signed with an expired or not-yet-valid certificate form running

I did as suggested in the SDL knowledge database and run the JavaCleanup tool. Now I have Java version 8 Update 20 (build 1.8.0_20-b26) installed. I also added the following line/site to the Exception Site List in the Java Control Panel: file://Editor/lib-tl/multiterm-mtixedit-1.0.jar
...but so far nothing has worked.

This caught me by surprise for the program was working fine a coulpe of days ago and I did not update anything!!!

I have Trados Studio 2014 Freelance SP1 - 11.1.1095.0 and SDL Multiterm 2014SP1 - 11.1.1266.0
I am running Windows 7 Home Premium - Service Pack 1 - 64-bit

Has anyone had the same problem lately? Any suggestions??

Help!!!!!!!!!!!
Collapse

Ana Clara Pérgamo
Ana Clara Pérgamo  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
Same problem with Trados 2011 Oct 28, 2014

I updated Java and now I get the same warning. I managed to open the list to add exceptions, but they prompt me to add an http:// address, but multiterm is located locally, not a website! And I cannot find any explanation on how to add an exception for a program and not for a page. Can'b believe Trados relies on Java...

564354352 (X)
564354352 (X)  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 23:44
Danish to English
+ ...
Studio 2014 SP2 due out next month will do away with Java Oct 28, 2014

I've struggled with the same issue (in Studio 2011) and have had SDL support fix the problem via an online session. However, the moment I acted on another Java prompt to install the latest version (as the 'fix' left old Java versions on my computer, which other applications did not like), MultiTerm stopped working properly again.

In response to my question earlier this month, Paul from SDL mentioned that the SP2 for Studio 2014, which will be out next month, does away with the Java-
... See more
I've struggled with the same issue (in Studio 2011) and have had SDL support fix the problem via an online session. However, the moment I acted on another Java prompt to install the latest version (as the 'fix' left old Java versions on my computer, which other applications did not like), MultiTerm stopped working properly again.

In response to my question earlier this month, Paul from SDL mentioned that the SP2 for Studio 2014, which will be out next month, does away with the Java-dependency:

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/276187-multiterm_add_edit_not_working_after_installation_of_java_8_v_25.html

I was cross that I had to fork out money for something that should have worked in the first place, but I have thrown my towel in the ring now and purchased the upgrade from Studio 2011 to Studio 2014. For now, MultiTerm does not work properly, so I am waiting patiently for that promised improvement via SP2. Roll along November...
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
In the meantime... Oct 28, 2014

... log a support ticket through the solution finder and a support engineer will help you sort out your java issue.

Go to the Knowledgebase;

http://kb.sdl.com

Then go to the tab called Solution Finder ( http://kb.sdl.com/?cid=23&tab=sf ) and now go here;

JAVA related issues w
... See more
... log a support ticket through the solution finder and a support engineer will help you sort out your java issue.

Go to the Knowledgebase;

http://kb.sdl.com

Then go to the tab called Solution Finder ( http://kb.sdl.com/?cid=23&tab=sf ) and now go here;

JAVA related issues with SDL MultiTerm
- I have SDL MultiTerm 2011/2014
-- I can no longer add or edit terms, or I get an error message when adding or editing terms
--- I have read the article and followed the instructions but I still have a problem

Pick the correct route as above and you will be presented with a form that you can fill in to generate a support request and you will be contacted, normally within a day.

Also use the Chrome browser to log the case if you have it; you'll get more success in completing the form; and make sure your email address is entered correctly or nobody will be able to get back in touch with you.

Regards

Paul
Collapse

Lilia Simões
Lilia Simões  Identity Verified
Brazil
Member (2010)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Already logged a support ticket... Oct 28, 2014

I already logged a support ticket and I am waiting for the reply.

Meanwhile I tried, uninstalling Java 8 and reinstalling Java 7, but that did not work as well. I now installed again the latest version of Java (RE 8 u25 - 32 bit) as recommend by the SDL KB, but Multiterm is still not working!!

...now anxiously waiting for the support reply and SP2!!

Fatima Noronha
Fatima Noronha  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 22:44
Member (2012)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
I am having the same problem Oct 28, 2014

Same as you Lilia...yesterday everything was fine...and today I've struggled for more than an hour trying to solve this issue . I still haven't uninstall Java 8 however I already followed all the instructions and nothing seems to work.

Lilia Simões wrote:

I already logged a support ticket and I am waiting for the reply.

Meanwhile I tried, uninstalling Java 8 and reinstalling Java 7, but that did not work as well. I now installed again the latest version of Java (RE 8 u25 - 32 bit) as recommend by the SDL KB, but Multiterm is still not working!!

...now anxiously waiting for the support reply and SP2!!

Lianne van de Ven
Lianne van de Ven  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:44
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Waiting for a general update/solution Oct 29, 2014

Same here. I updated Java "to do the right thing" as far is Java is concerned, but Java has removed the "medium" security setting that was required for MultiTerm to run. The "exception list" only seems to apply to URL's, not to programs installed on your system. I hope SDL will soon come up with an integrated solution that applies to everyone.

In my case, I am running Windows 7 home premium with Studio 2014.

Update: I was able to uninstall Java 8 Update 25 using
... See more
Same here. I updated Java "to do the right thing" as far is Java is concerned, but Java has removed the "medium" security setting that was required for MultiTerm to run. The "exception list" only seems to apply to URL's, not to programs installed on your system. I hope SDL will soon come up with an integrated solution that applies to everyone.

In my case, I am running Windows 7 home premium with Studio 2014.

Update: I was able to uninstall Java 8 Update 25 using Programs and Features in the Control Panel.
I had not uninstalled the previous version (Java 8 Update 11 - which can also be downloaded) because I suspected this problem could happen. After that, I needed to go back to the older version (Control Panel: Java 32) to set the security settings back to Medium. Java then showed a few warnings in pop ups where I needed to accept the security risk, but now MultiTerm is working again.

[Edited at 2014-10-29 04:24 GMT]
Collapse

DrMetlen
DrMetlen
Belgium
Dutch to German
+ ...
same problem Oct 29, 2014

I have the same problem as described above and now spent a couple of hours trying to fix it, without success. I will thus wait for the SP2. Does anyone know when it is supposed to be released? Will it be installed by the Autoupdate function?

Thanks & good luck,
Andreas

Claire Cox
Claire Cox
United Kingdom
French to English
+ ...
Same here Oct 29, 2014

I got this message a few days ago and used the cleanup tool in the Knowledgebase which seemed to have resolved the problem. However I've just tried to add a new term now and the security message is back again - this is such a waste of time!

Sabine Jones
Sabine Jones
Germany
German to English
+ ...
Same Problem. SDL people please do something. NOW. Oct 29, 2014

I am in the middle of a big translation job. How on earth am I expected to use consistent terminology if the JAVA update obviously ruins SDL multiterm?

I tried, like everyone else, everything there is to try and no avail. (i.e. tried to clean JAVA, cannot set the security level back to MEDIUM as new Java only has high or very high, then added the line as requested. Still nothing works. Restarted system several times. Losing time over this as I should be translating ins
... See more
I am in the middle of a big translation job. How on earth am I expected to use consistent terminology if the JAVA update obviously ruins SDL multiterm?

I tried, like everyone else, everything there is to try and no avail. (i.e. tried to clean JAVA, cannot set the security level back to MEDIUM as new Java only has high or very high, then added the line as requested. Still nothing works. Restarted system several times. Losing time over this as I should be translating instead!!!!!)

And yes I have also filled in a webform to get a helpdesk job jar number....

It's a shame that SDL hasn't brought a solution out yet.

Anyone heard any other news?

Please please please help.

Thanks
Collapse

Sabine Jones
Sabine Jones
Germany
German to English
+ ...
Not quite a solution but it's a start.... Oct 29, 2014

Lilia Simões wrote:

Reason: Your security settings have blocked an application signed with an expired or not-yet-valid certificate form running

Has anyone had the same problem lately? Any suggestions??

Help!!!!!!!!!!!

I know this doesn't help you, but I had the same problem.

John Fossey - on this forum - kindly sent me the link to the old JAVA 7 and I just uninstalled the JAVA 8 and now use JAVA 7 again.

THANKS A MILLION JOHN!!!

I know there are probably risks to go back to "medium" for safety with the slider in Java 7 but I don't care. I have to press on with the job.

And like everyone else I will drink my cup of java while waiting for SP 2....

(sad attempt at showing a good sense of humour while impatiently irate).

good luck one and all.

[Edited at 2014-10-29 16:52 GMT]

Jose Ruivo
Jose Ruivo  Identity Verified
Portugal
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
How? Oct 29, 2014

Dear Sabine,

I too am in the middle of a large job... So,

Sabine Jones wrote:
John Fossey - on this forum - kindly sent me the link to the old JAVA 7 and I just uninstalled the JAVA 8 and now use JAVA 7 again.

How do you do that, please?

Thanks ina dvance,
José Ruivo

Jose Ruivo
Jose Ruivo  Identity Verified
Portugal
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Solved Oct 29, 2014

Just solved it..

1) Downloaded the latest Java version before version 8 from here http://www.oldapps.com/java.php?old_java=15361;

2) In Windows Control Panel,, Programs, uninstall Java 8;

3) Install java 7, using the file dowloaded at the begining.

4) Go into Java settings, again in Control Panel, Programs, java, and select level of secur
... See more
Just solved it..

1) Downloaded the latest Java version before version 8 from here http://www.oldapps.com/java.php?old_java=15361;

4) Go into Java settings, again in Control Panel, Programs, java, and select level of security Medium;

Open Multiterm. If it prompts to update the Java version, choose Latter. If it gives a warning regarding security of Multiterm, say you accept the risks and wish to run the application. Show options, and tick the box to make that choice permanent.

Done!

Good work everyone,
José Ruivo

[Edited at 2014-10-29 19:00 GMT]
Collapse

Sabine Jones
Sabine Jones
Germany
German to English
+ ...
that's it! glad you solved it Oct 29, 2014

Jose Ruivo wrote:

Just solved it..

4) Go into Java settings, again in Control Panel, Programs, java, and select level of security Medium;

Open Multiterm. If it prompts to update the Java version, choose Latter. If it gives a warning regarding security of Multiterm, say you accept the risks and wish to run the application. Show options, and tick the box to make that choice permanent.

Done!

Good work everyone,
José Ruivo

[Edited at 2014-10-29 19:00 GMT]

Hi Jose

so sorry I was late but I downloaded the old version from here:

https://java.com/en/download/manual_java7.jsp

and the rest is simple.

Great to see that there's a community out there that is helping each other

Best wishes to one and all.

Sabine

Fatima Noronha
Fatima Noronha  Identity Verified
Portugal
Member (2012)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Tomorrow is another day Oct 29, 2014

I will see how it works tomorrow...for now no more Java! Such a waste of time...

Thank you José Ruivo for sharing!

Kind regards

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Java Security Warning does not let me add or edit terms in SDL MultiTerm or SDL Trados Studio 2014

Translation news related to SDL Trados

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »