https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/276901-error_message_when_opening_sdl_multiterm_2014.html

Error message when opening SDL Multiterm 2014
Thread poster: Antoine Heudre
Antoine Heudre
Antoine Heudre  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 10:29
English to French
+ ...
Oct 28, 2014

Hello,

When I open SDL MultiTerm 2014, I get the following error message:

"Error: A connection to MultiTerm Server UNKNOWN could not be established. Please check your server connection details."

I looked up on SDL KB (which is the only help I can access since I did not purchase a service pack...) and this is the message described in KB #3550. They advise to download and install MSXML 4.0 Service Pack 3 (Microsoft XML Core Services...), whuch I did but the p
... See more
Hello,

When I open SDL MultiTerm 2014, I get the following error message:

"Error: A connection to MultiTerm Server UNKNOWN could not be established. Please check your server connection details."

I looked up on SDL KB (which is the only help I can access since I did not purchase a service pack...) and this is the message described in KB #3550. They advise to download and install MSXML 4.0 Service Pack 3 (Microsoft XML Core Services...), whuch I did but the problem persists.

If I click OK in the error window, MultiTerm does open apparently normally but if I try to create a termbase, I get the following error message (this is after I get to name the termbase and save it in a folder):

"Method not found: 'Sdl.MultiTerm.Client.Connectors.ServerPrivilege
Sdl.MultiTerm.Client.Connectors.ServerProxy.LogIn(System.String, System.String, System.String, Boolean, Boolean, Sdl.Enterprise2.Platform.Client.IdentityModel.PersistOption)'."

I looked up on SDL KB (which is the only help I can access since I did not purchase a service pack...) and this is the same message that is mentioned in KB #5170 | Error message when opening SDL MultiTerm 2014 (non-SP1) after installing SDL Studio 2014 SP1: Method not found

Except that... I use non-SP1 versions of both Trados and Multiterm ... (I did download the SP1 versions but because I was getting error messages - can't remember if that was the same message... - I went back to the non-SP1 versions).

My system is Windows 7 (which by the way should even support the SP1 versions...).

I'm wondering if I should just uninstall completely Trados and Multiterm and re-install them.

If anyone has any idea of what the problem might be or what I could try to do, I would greatly appreciate!

Thanks
Antoine
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
If KB #3550 doesn't help... Oct 29, 2014

... then first take a look at #KB 4970.

If that doesn't help either then you should log a support case through the solution finder and a support engineer will be able to help you out.

Go to the Knowledgebase;

http://kb.sdl.com

The
... See more
... then first take a look at #KB 4970.

If that doesn't help either then you should log a support case through the solution finder and a support engineer will be able to help you out.

Go to the Knowledgebase;

http://kb.sdl.com

Then go to the tab called Solution Finder ( http://kb.sdl.com/?cid=23&tab=sf ) and now go here;

Download & Installation Problems
- I use SDL Trados Studio and/or SDL MultiTerm 2009, 2011 or 2014
-- The installation went fine but now I get an error message etc
--- The problem occurs in (pick the appropriate tool/s)
---- None of the articles resolved my problem (if they didn’t!)

Follow the route for your problem and if there is no answer that helps by the time you get to the end you'll be presented with a form to contact support. Complete all the fields in the form making sure your email address is entered correctly or nobody will be able to get back in touch with you.

Also use the Chrome browser to log the case if you have it; you'll get more success in completing the form.

Regards

Paul
Collapse

Antoine Heudre
Antoine Heudre  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Paul Oct 29, 2014

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your answer.

I tried KB #3550 but I don't seem to have a termbase opened and trying to open one directly prompts the error message.

I also tried KB #3194 (ie disabling UAC, and reinstalling Trados and MultiTerm) but it does not help.

So I created a Request. We'll see. At least, I know how to do that now...

Have a good day.
Antoine

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error message when opening SDL Multiterm 2014

Translation news related to SDL Trados

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »