Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 05:39
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Oct 29, 2014

Hello everyone

QA Distiller tells me that I have some segments with empty target fields. I can find most of those segments by searching for the segment's source text, and when I find them, they are truly empty. But some of those segments have so many tags in them that I can't find the segment simply by doing a text search. How can I get Trados 2011 to tell me which segments have empty target fields?

How can I find segments that have no target text?

Thanks
Samuel

[Edited at 2014-10-29 15:04 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Verification Oct 29, 2014

I've just tested filtering by ^$ but that doesn't work. I'm not sure why.

I think the simplest thing would be to flag "Check for forgotten and empty translation" as an error. This would be picked up when you run verification (F7).

To do that, go to project settings>verification>QA Checker 3.0>Segments verification

Michael Grant
Japan
Local time: 12:39
Japanese to English
Set "Display" to "Not translated"? Oct 30, 2014

Couldn't you also just set the "Display" to "Not translated" on the "View -> Toolbars -> Display Filter" toolbar?

MLG4035

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Oct 30, 2014

Emma Goldsmith wrote:
I think the simplest thing would be to flag "Check for forgotten and empty translation" as an error. This would be picked up when you run verification (F7).

That is what I did in the end, thanks.

Michael Grant wrote:
Couldn't you also just set the "Display" to "Not translated" on the "View -> Toolbars -> Display Filter" toolbar?

No, the display filter relies on segment status. If the empty segment has a "translated" status, the filter for "not translated" won't pick it up.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to find empty segments in Trados 2011

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search