Thread poster: David Greenberg

David Greenberg  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 09:18
Member (2014)
Hebrew to English
+ ...
Nov 2, 2014

In Studio 2014, is there a way to customize the way the program identifies what termbase entries are relevant to a given segment so that certain characters are considered interchangeable? For instance, in Hebrew and Arabic some letters have multiple forms, and these should be treated similarly. For another example, inconsistency and incorrect use of punctuation make it desirable that spaces, hyphens, and en dashes be considered identical by the term-finding engine. To flesh out the examples, if my termbase contained the entry "verb it," I would want this term to be suggested for a segment containing the term "verb-it."

Also, is there a way to have the program disregard specified grammatical prefixes and suffixes in determining whether a term is relevant to a given segment? For instance, if my termbase contained "verb," I would want this to be suggested for segments containing "preverb" and "postverb."

Thanks very much in advance.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Termbase Search Customization

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search