Unlock/filter on locked inline sections
Thread poster: xxx2nl
xxx2nl  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 10:12
Nov 6, 2014

Is it possible to unlock 'locked inline sections' (see Article Id 5045) at the source-side in Studio 2014 projects?

Is it possible to filter on segments containing any 'locked inline sections'?

Thanks,

Hans

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
These inline locked segments... Nov 7, 2014

... are created by the filetype parser rules. So if you don't want them to be locked you need to change the parser rules when the sdlxliff is being prepared from the underlying XML. This is normally done to prevent editing of the locked words, so if you need to change them I'd recommend either asking your client to prepare the file accordingly or if you did it just create the rules so they are not locked.

I don't believe you can filter on these in the Editor. But you might be able to use the SDLXLIFF Toolkit to find these segments and then change the status to something you can filter on in Studio. I haven't tested this yet, but there is an option to search for segments based on tag content with this tool.

Regards

Paul

xxx2nl  Identity Verified
Netherlands
TOPIC STARTER
Cannot filter on padlocks Nov 8, 2014

Thanks for the suggestion!

I'm sorry to inform you that I cannot filter on inline padlocks this way:

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
I can! Nov 8, 2014

Hi,

I was going to do a bunch of screenshots to show you this but decided a video might be easier. So I placed it on youtube here, hope it helps you to see how to use this. I don't have your files so cannot tell from the information you have shown why this doesn't work for you.

http://youtu.be/mSL0dfcoJ-8

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unlock/filter on locked inline sections

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search