Can you work on a 2011 TM in Trados 2007 ?
Thread poster: Beatrice Mary Blackett Espinosa
Beatrice Mary Blackett Espinosa
Beatrice Mary Blackett Espinosa  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 19:19
Member (2007)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Nov 9, 2014

Hi, I was wondering if you could help me. My colleague and I would like to work on the same project, using the same TM. As I have already started translating the TM was created by me an is a Trados 2011 TM, is there anyway that she can work on my TM in her 2007 version of trados and that I can them merge her version with mine without corrupting my TM, or having any other compatability issues?

Thanks very much in advance for any advice that you can give me.

Bea

Minh Nguyen
Minh Nguyen  Identity Verified
Vietnam
Local time: 00:19
English to Vietnamese
Exporting your TM into TMX format Nov 9, 2014

In your Trados 2011 you can switch to the Translation Memories view, open the TM and export into a TMX file. You then can ask your colleague to pen Trados Workbench and import into her TM.

When she has completed her part you will need to ask her to export her TM into a TMX file again and send it to you for importing into your TM.

MikeTrans
MikeTrans
Germany
Italian to German
+ ...
I don't think so, unless you export it to TMX or another format Nov 9, 2014

Hi Beatrice,
Trados 2007 should also contain SDLX. The latest build 7080 will work together with MultiTerm 2009, MulTiterm 2011 (and maybe later versions).

As for a TM, you will have to import from text (with SDLX) or TMX (Trados 2007 or SDLX).

Greets,
Mike

[Edited at 2014-11-09 18:44 GMT]

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Re-importing a Workbench TM in Studio Nov 9, 2014

Exporting to TMX is a good way to share your TM with your colleague who uses Workbench.

One solution for re-importing her TM without "corrupting" your original TM is to add it as a separate TM with a penalty.
You could also use an Open Exchange app: SDL Trados 2007 Translation Me
... See more
Exporting to TMX is a good way to share your TM with your colleague who uses Workbench.

One solution for re-importing her TM without "corrupting" your original TM is to add it as a separate TM with a penalty.
You could also use an Open Exchange app: SDL Trados 2007 Translation Memory Plug-in:
http://www.translationzone.com/openexchange/app/sdltrados2007translationmemoryplug-in-483.html#46989
This app lets you open a workbench TM as a read-only TM in Studio.

HTH,
Emma

[Edited at 2014-11-09 19:59 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can you work on a 2011 TM in Trados 2007 ?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »