"Invalid class" error when trying to open Trados Studio 2014
Thread poster: JasperB

JasperB
Local time: 20:51
English to Dutch
+ ...
Nov 9, 2014

Hi,

Hopefully someone will be able to help me with this.

I had this problem with Trados Studio 2009 and hoped upgrading to 2014 would solve this problem, but apparently it doesn't.

When trying to open Trados Studio 2014 I get the following error: "Invalid class" (see full details below) and Studio just doesn't open.
I have no clue if this is Trados related or something on my laptop, but I don't have this problem with any other program.
I have Windows 8.1 installed on my laptop and haven't installed any programs right before all this started.

Thanks so much for any help!
Jasper

Error details:

-

Invalid class

-

System.Management.ManagementException, System.Management, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a

InvalidClass

System.Management

-

-

SDL Trados Studio

[...]

[...]

True

[...] = my computer name.

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Possibly a failure to initialise Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) Nov 17, 2014

Hi Jasper,

If this is still not solved take a look at KB #5304 which might resolve it for you.

Regards

Paul

Milena Gerboni  Identity Verified
Croatia
German to Italian
+ ...
Same problem with Studio 2011 May 25, 2015

Hi Jasper,
were you able to solve this problem?
I also get the message "Invalid class" when trying to open Studio 2011 on my laptop with Windows 8.1. I tried Paul's suggestion but it didn't work.
Any advice?
Thank you!
Milena

JasperB
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Windows Repair worked for me May 26, 2015

Hi Milena,

In my case, Paul's suggestion put me on the right track. It is indeed a problem with the WMI.

I used the application Windows Repair (all-in-one) that can be found on the website Tweaking.com to rebuild whatever repositories where apparently necessary to rebuild.
I let the entire program run, but it's probably enough if you only select to rebuild the WMI (the entire process took a little while).

I hope this works for you as well!

Milena Gerboni  Identity Verified
Croatia
German to Italian
+ ...
Problem solved Jun 14, 2015

Hi Jasper,
it worked! Thank you so much for your help!!
Milena

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Invalid class" error when trying to open Trados Studio 2014

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search