JasperB
JasperB
Netherlands
Local time: 11:42
English to Dutch
+ ...
Nov 9, 2014

Hi,

Hopefully someone will be able to help me with this.

I had this problem with Trados Studio 2009 and hoped upgrading to 2014 would solve this problem, but apparently it doesn't.

When trying to open Trados Studio 2014 I get the following error: "Invalid class" (see full details below) and Studio just doesn't open.
I have no clue if this is Trados related or something on my laptop, but I don't have this problem with any other program.
I have
... See more
Hi,

Hopefully someone will be able to help me with this.

I had this problem with Trados Studio 2009 and hoped upgrading to 2014 would solve this problem, but apparently it doesn't.

When trying to open Trados Studio 2014 I get the following error: "Invalid class" (see full details below) and Studio just doesn't open.
I have no clue if this is Trados related or something on my laptop, but I don't have this problem with any other program.
I have Windows 8.1 installed on my laptop and haven't installed any programs right before all this started.

Thanks so much for any help!
Jasper

Error details:

-

Invalid class

-

System.Management.ManagementException, System.Management, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a

InvalidClass

System.Management

-

-

SDL Trados Studio

[...]

[...]

True

[...] = my computer name.
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Possibly a failure to initialise Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) Nov 17, 2014

Hi Jasper,

If this is still not solved take a look at KB #5304 which might resolve it for you.

Regards

Paul

Milena Gerboni
Milena Gerboni  Identity Verified
Croatia
German to Italian
+ ...
Same problem with Studio 2011 May 25, 2015

Hi Jasper,
were you able to solve this problem?
I also get the message "Invalid class" when trying to open Studio 2011 on my laptop with Windows 8.1. I tried Paul's suggestion but it didn't work.
Any advice?
Thank you!
Milena

JasperB
JasperB
Netherlands
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Windows Repair worked for me May 26, 2015

Hi Milena,

In my case, Paul's suggestion put me on the right track. It is indeed a problem with the WMI.

I used the application Windows Repair (all-in-one) that can be found on the website Tweaking.com to rebuild whatever repositories where apparently necessary to rebuild.
I let the entire program run, but it's probably enough if you only select to rebuild the WMI (the entire process took a little while).

I hope this works for you as well!

Milena Gerboni
Milena Gerboni  Identity Verified
Croatia
German to Italian
+ ...
Problem solved Jun 14, 2015

Hi Jasper,
it worked! Thank you so much for your help!!
Milena

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Invalid class" error when trying to open Trados Studio 2014

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »